Importance of Backing Up Your Blog and Other Data
Most of us use a computer at work or at home, and we accumulate important data on the internal storage of the computer system. The data may include emails, important documents, photos etc. There are many scenarios in which your data can become inaccessible, and here are only a few of them.
- Computer or Hard Drive Failure
- Computer Theft
- Data Corruption
- A Virus, Malware or Ransomware – Could erase a hard drive or prevent you from accessing your data
Imagine investing many hours into your blog by posting regularly and growing your following. You see that your blog is getting to a point where you are motivated even more to continue posting and sharing. Then one day the unthinkable happens, your site crashes, and nothing works anymore. At this point your site is offline, you can’t login and all your hard work is gone.
So What Went Wrong? maybe your site was hacked, you accidently deleted an important file, or something went wrong on the server. Whatever the reason may be, your site is gone and you have no way of bringing it back. All the time, effort and money spent was in vain.
Now imagine yourself in one of these two situations:
- You can simply make a phone call, and a full and recent backup of your site is in a secure location ready to be brought online.
- You have no backup whatsoever, your host doesn’t offer any backup solutions either and your only option is to somehow fix the existing (crashed) site or even worse! you have to start from scratch
I am pretty sure that nobody will favour scenario number two!
Performing regular backups of your blog and data is one of the most important tasks for anyone that does not want to run the risk of losing it all. Many people fail to see the importance of having a reliable backup solution in place. To me it’s a no brainer! Why would you not opt for a solution that guarantees you an up-to-date and complete backup of your website and data at any time?
Imagine the chaos this can cause when your computer suddenly becomes inoperable and you can’t access your information you had previously saved to your computer. For a business, this situation could be disastrous, and on a personal level, the loss of personal documents, and photos could be devastating and heartbreaking. If you have a reliable backup solution in place you can rest assured that your data is safe.
None of us plan for any of the above to happen and inaccessible data equals unwanted downtime. If you have no backup solution in place your data is lost forever. I know that there are quite a few free solutions, but none that offers human support, and that makes sense…it’s free after all. Forget about hard drives and flash drives because that can be lost, stolen or damaged too. In all honestly if I lose any of my critical data work or personal I won’t have the time to sit and try to figure out how to retrieve my data. I want to know that I can pick up the phone and call a company that will restore my data without any hassle.
I have found a simple yet affordable solution through IronTree. Here are just a few benefits of backing up your data with them:
- IronTree is Fully Automated – No User Intervention Is Required After Installation
- 100% Secure
- Reduced Bandwidth Impact (Only Incremental Changes Are Uploaded)
- Data Is Recoverable To-The-Day Within 60 Generations
- YOur Important Company And Private Data is Secure
- From Fire And Theft As Your Data Is Stored Offsite
- Cost Effective
- Easy To Install
- Data CAn Be Retrieved And Restored At Any Time From Anywhere
- Accessible (Human) Support
- IronTree is Approved And Recommended By Major Companies, Both Locally And Internationally
How does it work?
The IronTree application runs as a service on your PC, launching automatically at a daily scheduled time without any user intervention.
Data selected for backup is compressed, encrypted and encoded before leaving your PC.
As long as your computer is powered on and has Internet connectivity, your data backup set will be transmitted to our data centre and added to the catalogue of backups for your company.
Daily email notifications indicating backup results give visibility as to backup status, so immediate action can be taken should a backup fail for whatever reason.
The online backup application running on your PC/server gives complete visibility on:
- Backup history, including detailed log files
- Data selections
It also enables you to:
- Modify data selections
- Launch manual backups if necessary
- Complete restore functionality of the complete data set or selected individual files
- IronTree support centre agents are always available to assist.